Taste of London 2015
It was a beautiful summer’s evening; the crowds were building and so was the excitement from everyone looking forward to great food, good company and there was a fantastic atmosphere as they congregated outside the event, waiting for their clients. Inn or Out Events teamed up with our colleagues and clients from bartlett mitchell for a fun filled evening.
Taste of London is a showcase of 40 top restaurants holding court at their various stands, serving three or four dishes that are either examples of food from their restaurants or newly created just for the event. With world class chefs including Raymond Blanc, Marcus Wareing, Monica Galetti, Michel Roux Jr, Bobby Chinn, Nuno Mendes, Thomasina Miers and many more. Pete and his team of chefs were certainly in their element around this calibre of talent.
But there are a lot of first-timers who came along this year and they included: Clove Club, PaloIt’s and many of the restaurants had their signature dishes on show.
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Pine Salt from The Clove Club
- Crispy leg confit, fried hen’s egg, mustard maple syrup from Duck & Waffle
- Roast 5J Presa Iberica, 100% acorn Fed Ibérico Pork with mustard dressing and Peñaflor cheese from Jose Pizarro
- Kobe burger with foie gras, truffle, Peruvian potato from Sushisamba
- Polenta Jerusalem style with asparagus, mushroom ragout, Parmesan and truffle oil from The Palomar
- Cornetto of sweetbread “popcorn”, frosted Worcestershire from Club Gascon
- Kombu Roasted Chilean Sea bass with Spicy Shiso Ponzu from Kurobuta
- Salted caramel soft serve, honeycomb from Tredwell’s
- Slow-Roasted Pit Beef, New York Slaw, Ketchup, Beef-dripping Crumble from Barbecoa
- White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Roasted Peach, Strawberries & Meringue from Ember Yard Michel Roux Jnr’s Diner
Our favourite dishes scored by the Inn or Out team and our clients were:
1. Kombu Roasted Chilean Sea bass with Spicy Shiso Ponzu from Kurobuta
The Sea Bass was cooked beautifully and the balance of Spicy shiso sauce was not too overpowering but really complimented the fish and enhanced its flavour. It was an explosion of flavour in the mouth.
2. Kobe burger with foie gras, truffle, Peruvian potato from Sushisamba
They don’t get any better than this burger and pure indulgence all the way with foie gras and truffle. Peruvian food seems to be all the rage at the moment and it really showed in this slightly scented potato dish.
3. Roast 5J Presa Iberica, 100% acorn Fed Ibérico Pork with mustard dressing and Peñaflor cheese from Jose Pizarro
The intensity of flavour was mind blowing and it just fell apart. The balance of cheese and mustard was very complimentary. Definitely a Sunday lunch favourite if you want to impress your friends.
To summarise, it was a fantastic evening, with great food enjoyed by all. I would recommend Taste of London to anyone who is looking to try out some inspiring and innovative dishes.
Sean Valentine – Managing Director